The Fly Neighbourly Policy is a voluntary commitment by the operator at SCA. Penalties for a breach do not apply. Breaches of the policy are delt with by Airport Management on a case by case basis.
Sunshine Coast Airport encourages any concerns regarding noise at the airport to be raised with Airservices Australia’s Noise Complaint Information Service directly.
1800 802 584
Noise Complaint Information Service (NCIS)
PO Box 211
Mascot NSW 1460
For further information please visit www.aircraftnoise.com.au
Extract from the Neighbourly Policy:
We will do so by endeavouring to adhere to the following principles:
- Ensuring that where practicable all IFR aircraft depart via the appropriate standard instrument departure (SID)
- Compliance with noise abatement procedures included in the ERSA which applies irrespective of tower operation
- All pilots to plan all flights to minimise flight over built up areas eg over water or rural areas
- Wherever practicable runway departure to use full length in order to maximise height over populated areas
- Consider using satellite strips for aircraft circuit operations
- Avoid flying low over populated areas
- Minimise engine failure training over populated areas
- No training to occur between the hours of 2200 and 0700
- No engine ground running for the purpose of engine testing to occur between the hours of 2200 and 0700 (unless approved by the Airport Manager for extenuating circumstances)
- Ensuring that all non pre flight engine runs are undertaken in the designated run-up area
- Ensuring that environmental awareness and noise issues are included in pilot training
- Responding to community enquiries about noise in a cooperative manner.